The Canteen is an integral part of the school and is open 3 days a week (W-F) for lunch orders, B1 counter sales and B2 orders.
It is essential the menus and food choices offered to the school community reflect the value the school puts on healthy eating practices. Accordingly, in consultation with the Canteen Managers, the Canteen Committee and the Principal, a healthy choice menu is available to students each semester. This menu complies with the 'ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy 2015'. For more information on this policy please see the following link.
The school is committed to ensuring the school canteen will:
- provide a nutritious, enjoyable and varied selection of food and drink at reasonable prices
- function as an efficient business enterprise
- encourage courtesy and respect among all personnel using the Canteen facilities
- provide a toddler friendly environment for volunteers with young children
- maintain the highest possible standard of hygiene
- provide foods consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia in an Allergy friendly environment.
Please direct any queries to the Canteen Managers Rouvaye Sillis and Zoe Fellows email@example.com
How to place a Lunch Order:
- The Canteen and Uniform Shop uses Flexischools online ordering.
- The Flexischools system allows you to place orders online at any time. The payment is also done online. Registering is easy and only takes a few minutes. Simply go to www.flexischools.com.au and click ‘Register Now.’ If you have any questions, Flexischools provide a great help desk on 1300 361 769.
- The system operates via a prepaid account. There are a variety of payment options including Visa, Mastercard (credit and debit), PayPal and Bank Transfer. It is free to top up your account via Bank Transfer.
- We have one menu available on Flexischools for both B1 and B2. Lunch orders will be prepared for B1. When you place an order the lunch items will be placed in a bag and delivered to the classroom. Any items not suitable for packing in a bag will be kept at the canteen to be picked up during B1.
- In term one 2016 we will be trialling a new ordering system for B2. Items ordered for B2 will be placed in a bag and delivered to the classroom, there will be no counter sales at B2. Lunch order items are not available for B2.
- Our menu includes a counter sales item; this allows you to purchase a voucher, which will be attached to the lunch bag. The voucher can be brought up to the canteen at B1 to be used to purchase items.
- If an order has been placed but your child will be away please give the canteen a quick call on 62415974 before 9.30am to let us know. We can keep the order for when your child returns; just let us know when you are ready to use the order. This will avoid charges for cancelling orders on Flexischools.
- Lunch orders are to be clearly written on a large paper lunch bag (big enough to pack you child’s food in) or on an envelope (Canteen staff will attach this to a large bag). Please notes canteen bags cost 10¢ if you use an envelope for the lunch order. The large bags can be purchased at the canteen if you wish.
- You must clearly list your CHILD’S NAME and CLASS on the front of the bag e.g. John Brown KSB or 1/2MM. Write your order underneath the name details with the cost of the item. Tally the order and write the total at the bottom.
- Enclose the money inside the bag or envelope to pay for the order. If change is required it will be stuck to the front of the lunch bag.
- Lunch Orders can be placed into the lunch baskets in each unit on entry to the classroom at the beginning of the day, before or during roll call, or you can lodge them directly at the canteen by 9.15am. If orders are received after this time substitute items may need to be offered to the child.
- Lunches are delivered to your child’s unit at the beginning of B1 and handed out to the children under the teacher’s supervision.
Volunteering in the Canteen
- The canteen cannot run without volunteers, in order to provide our great canteen service we need your help. Volunteer’s jobs include:
- Assisting to prepare lunch orders
- Serving students at the counter at B1 (this is fun!)
- Making muffins, jelly and other snacks
- Washing up (OK yeah, not as much fun)
- Volunteers who help out for a whole shift will be issued with a voucher for one ‘Student Meal Deal.’
- The canteen roster is published in Possum Press each fortnight and emailed weekly to those on our canteen roster email list. If you are available to help either for a shift or for a short period of time please see Rouvaye or Kerry in the canteen or call them on 62415974, all help is very appreciated.